Monday, September 5, 2011

What I ate

I can't resist chocolate chip cookies. Or any cookies, really. With a tall glass of milk, it's just the most perfect night time snack.
After a particularly blah day, I treated myself to sushi for one. I deserved it, and I felt super great afterward because I wasn't embarrassed or anxious to be eating by myself. I went to Hoshi in Stony Brook and ordered a crunchy spicy tuna roll and a Philadelphia roll. Both delicious, though next time I'm going to think outside of the bento box and order something completely new to me. Gotta keep expanding those horizons.
Because Andrew and I live together, and he's a star employee at the Whole Foods in our neck of the woods, I get a discount card! I went on a mini shopping trip the other night for some coconut oil and pumpkin seeds and such. Saw these babies sitting on the very top shelf of their section and brought them down to my cart. Fall is fast approaching, and I think these bars might become my healthy alternative to all of the pies and pumpkin cream cheese muffins and pumpkin breads that are going to start making their way to coffee shops (that is not to say that I won't be sampling all of those treats.. pumpkin time is the most wonderful time of the year). Delicious.
Another Whole Foods treasure is Guayaki yerba maté. I've been weaning myself off of caffeine, but yerba maté contains a naturally occurring, "clean" caffeine, so I figured it'd be okay to cheat a little bit with this. The bottled kind wakes me up, but for some reason these cans make me feel euphoric for at least an hour. Weird? Maybe. Awesome? Yes.
Okay check this out:
- 365 brand Oats & Flax instant oatmeal
- Fresh cut strawberries
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Sliced almonds
- Sunflower kernels

I brought all of the ingredients to work with me and mixed em up at lunch. Definitely fueled me with enough energy to make it through the rest of the work day and then some. Super food!
I've found myself making open face tomato sandwiches for the past few days. I did this all the time when I was a kid because of Harriet the Spy. She really opened my eyes to a lot, but especially this great simple snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're probably about to make me smile.