Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Screaming Females


Last night, about a mile away from my house, I attended an Iron Chic show at O'Brien's Pub. I didn't actually get to stick around for Iron Chic (one of my most favorite Long Island bands, I've seen them many times), but my entire night was spent eating a delicious turkey bacon wrap, laughing with friends, and anticipating Screaming Females' set. I've listened to them a few times, but had no idea what to expect live, and as it turns out they're one of the most entertaining bands I've ever had the privilege of watching. Screaming Females consists of bassist Michael Abbate, drummer Jarrett Dougherty, and the captivating Marissa Paternoster on guitar and vocals. They're from New Brunswick, NJ. Their stage presence is great. I love seeing band members actually smile while performing on stage. Their songs are catchy without any real effort to be. And Marissa is just incredible. The voice and sounds that resound from such a tiny frame are literally awesome. I was blown away. Once I got home last night I immediately perused their website, which lead me to the band's blog, and then I ended up on Marissa's blog. And I don't mean for this to be read as a typical lead singer based review. If it's even a review. I don't know where I'm going with this. Is anybody even listening? But anyway, I've always been big on girl power. Especially now in my twenties, and to me - Marissa's the ultimate girl. I just think she's so great. Aside from her immense musical talents, she's also an incredible visual artist. Check this shit out:

So by now you can sort of tell that I'm in love. If I were to grade Screaming Females, both live and through recordings, I would give them an A+++, 100%, 5 gold stars. I'll leave you with some of their fun videos. Hope you love! If not, more for me or something and also you should get your ears checked.




<3!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're probably about to make me smile.