Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Update: Assisting Ashley!

Typically, my weekends look a lot like this:
Photobucket

And it's cool, I do tend to get a lot done creatively. But this weekend was busy busy with my brand new friend Ashley Valla. And it was a lot of fun. Girl needed an assistant, and I enthusiastically volunteered. So on Saturday, we took the train into Brooklyn and did a shoot for her friend Gaby's portfolio. Gaby moved here from California not to long ago and is starting out as a clothing designer. I got to see her beautiful clothes as well as meet her beautiful model, Julia.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Once everything was shot, the four of us ventured through Brooklyn Heights to Chipotle and feasted while talking about girl things, like boys and tattoos and bands. Then Ashley and I headed home, and had some time to stop for coffee at Tim Horton's while waiting for our train at the Jamaica station. We watched people coming and going from the air train terminal while getting our caffeine fix. She's a big coffee drinker, like me. This is the start of a beautiful friendship.

Today I drove over to Ashley's, we stopped at Starbucks, and met up with Stephanie of Fashion Roll to shoot some outfits. She was so sweet! And the day flew by as we shot look after look, at location after location.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ash doin' what she does best.
Photobucket

It was so fun to be able to "talk blog" with somebody, and I'm totally looking forward to shooting next weekend also. The entire weekend was like a creative jump start. Photography, fashion, design. It was just really refreshing and fun. I'm so lucky to be given the chance to meet so many great people, and I'm glad I'm not holding myself back anymore. Because there was a point a few years ago where I would never have done this. I was so insecure and shy. I've definitely come out of my shell and built up a lot of confidence over the years. It's the end result of just doing more and seeing more and saying more. Blogging has kept me motivated as well recently, and it was especially cool to be able to meet somebody who does the same.

All in all, A+ weekend! Can't wait to see where this goes.

8 comments:

  1. nice shoot ! love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress design and model. I'm inspired just looking at the pics and I'm so glad you were feeling inspired too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such an inspiring blog yourself, miss! What talent!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww yay! Love this! See on saturday!

    http://fashionroll.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! And that cartoon made me giggle - my weekend was JUST like that :)

    - Lois x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I feel like that's what weekends are really for

      Delete

You're probably about to make me smile.