Friday, April 6, 2012

New York Bucket List: Bowery Ballroom

Cursive is a band that I have loved intensely since I was sixteen. For years, the voicemail message on my phone was a recording from the song "The Radiator Hums". I threw out the phone to try to get through to you. That lyric still sums up the way I feel about voicemail. But I digress.

Photobucket

A few months ago I received an email from Bowery Ballroom, as I often do. This one was special though, because that's how I found out Cursive was playing two nights in New York. I asked Andrew if he wanted to go, and he didn't (womp womp). I decided though that I was just going to go by myself, for adventure, and because I didn't want to pass this up. Cursive to me is on Rilo Kiley's level, and I will never get to see them, so I didn't want to let this opportunity go.

These photos are a little bit repetitive, but I was psyched that they came out the way they did (kind of okay) being that I was under the stage, and wasn't using a flash or a zoom lens.

Two finals words: Tim Kasher.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And yeah so.. Tim Kasher.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I wasn't introduced to Cursive until my sophomore year of college when my rocker professor mentioned that they had a song titled "Sierra." Sad song, but still really good. I am going to see my favorite band Death Cab for Cutie perform for the first time next month, and I can't wait!

    http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You're probably about to make me smile.