Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sister, Sister

First, I'd like to take the time to acknowledge that this is my 100th post!
Psyched on that. Here's to 100 more. (I just clanked the end of my soup spoon against my wine glass to signify a toast? I'm having a classy night alone at home..)

Photobucket

Now, why I'm really here. Last weekend my sister was home to celebrate Easter with the rest of our Long Island family. She and I met up on Saturday morning for some iced coffee and photo taking at one of our favorite spots, Avalon, which is a nature preserve in the Setauket area. In the summer there is a BEAUTIFUL, I'm talking GLORIOUS flower field growing wild in the middle of the preserve. I love it way too much and I'm pretty bummed that I won't be around to watch it grow this year, but I'm sure there will be a bunch of great things waiting to fascinate me in Nashville. Plants and trees are just starting to bud over here. The earth was more blue than green that day. It was really nice to be outside though, enjoying some sunshine. And we saw turtles!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Of course we both wore stripes. Totally unplanned, but we've had the most similar style for as long as I can remember. Looking back on it, it's really funny the amount of times we both caught each other borrowing clothes without asking. I would get so mad then, but now it's funny. And now I wish we shared a closet so we could swap every day!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I wish she was home all the time. Or that I could visit her in Albany all the time. Or that I could pack her in a box and move her to Nashville with me. But we did enjoy our time spent together last weekend and we have many more adventures ahead of us.
I really love my sister.

Outfit Details:

Mine
Dress, Tights, Backpack - Target
Cardigan - H&M
Thigh High Socks - American Apparel
Moccasins - American Eagle, ages ago
Earrings & Belt - Forever 21
Sunglasses - Charlotte Russe

Hers
Denim Vest - Thrifted
Dress & Hat - Forever 21
Boots - Bakers

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Your sister has such awesome style. I have that chevron dress from Target, too! I wear it allll the time. Looks great on you :)

    http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You're probably about to make me smile.