Saturday, May 26, 2012

New Homes

 
 

 
 Some more of our furniture and things were delivered this week, and the feel of our apartment has been coming along nicely. I'm so happy that Andrew and I both get to have our respective creative spaces - though tonight we just colored in my sketchbook on the living room floor with a 24 pack of Crayola's. Andrew's sister, Laurie (who is actually one of the few people who I know reads this - hi Laurie!) said that my space is so much more soothing than Andrew's, which is funny, and also true. My "office" doesn't really have a theme, I just hung up a bunch of stuff that I liked (my Lemuria set list needed to be displayed) that also inspires me and makes me feel good. I think all we really need is a couch and some curtains and we can start feeling really at home here.
Every day I wake up and head out, I'm so thrilled to be somewhere fresh and new. I felt a little bit homesick when I started listening to a friends band while driving the other day, but it went away pretty quickly. I'm excited to make more friends and further explore our new city. A cashier the other day gave me back my ID and said "This is a long way from home!" to which I replied "Yeah, but this is home now.", and it felt good.
Home is where the heart is :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you are getting all settled in :) I recently moved to a new state to be closer to my boyfriend, so I know exactly how you feel. I definitely get homesick sometimes, but when it comes down to it, I just want to be wherever he is. Can't wait to see more pictures of your new apartment and city!

    http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You're probably about to make me smile.