Monday, August 20, 2012

Absent Note

It's been a while! Lately I've been pretty busy. I work 50+ hours a week, explore my new city, write to my pen pals, watch a lot of Netflix and Hulu+ on the Apple tv with Andrew... you know, important tasks. Honestly, I don't think I will ever become a consistent blogger. I've been really enjoying my time away from the internet, and while I peruse my Bloglovin' feed almost daily, I like to keep that time to an hour or less to focus on real life. My blog is more like a journal, and at times my outlet to share more creative endeavors like crafts and favorite outfits and such. I don't think I'll ever have a blog routine, or scheduled posts, or a consistent weekly feature. But, whatever right? Who cares. I'm here when I'm here and that's what counts.

Here's some more of what I've been up to lately!

 Photobucket
Photobucket
Hanging out with Melanie, Sam and Alex a few times a week has become one of my most favorite past times. I'm so happy that Melanie and I found each other. We're instant friends in the most genuine way. We call each other "kindreds", because we are kindred spirits. We like to work on projects, watch movies, drink fancy beers, and just hang. It's the best, and Sammy the basset hound is just icing on the friendship cake. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Friend art is the best art.
Photobucket
Oatmeal squares & Sabrina.
Photobucket
Pete Campbell, I can't hate you.Photobucket
If loafing around my apartment with this boy and making hilarious videos with the VidRhythm app wasn't a notable activity before, it certainly has become one. It's yet another one of my favorite things to do. I've been nesting lately. Adding pieces (like free geometric shaped wall hangings from my store's last floor set, Halloween decorations, and cute baby succulents re-potted into thrift store glassware) to the walls and the table tops. I spent a good part of the weekend intensely cleaning, and last night as I was getting ready for bed, I took a look around the apartment. It's warm and cozy and reflects a lot of our interests and tastes. There are things like exposed wires and the lack of a kitchen table that I would change, but regardless, I love our home. Our friend James has been sending us some of his art, which I adore and we display it wherever possible.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Revived an old charm for a new necklace
 Photobucket
Photobucket
I have been doing my fair share of shopping. Working for Urban Outfitters has a lot of perks, especially this month because of Employee Appreciation. Mel and I got drinks and pizza at Whiskey Kitchen on Friday and then did some shopping at Urban in The Gulch. I only needed a few pieces to spruce up my fall wardrobe (which has already been my favorite part of my closet). The temperature has dropped here a little bit in Nashville, and today I'm wearing tights and boots and a cardigan (last photo above was taken this morning), and my new favorite shirt which Melanie actually bought for me because I'm driving her to the airport next week. She's the cutest. I'm stoked on this entire outfit.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We're ready for fall at Free People too! All of the new fall items are so lovely.
It really is the most wonderful time of the year.
Aside from autumn (and crisp air and falling leaves and pumpkin spice and Halloween and sweaters), I am also excited for: a new car come September 1st!, birthday season (my dads, my sisters, and Andrews), more hikes and bikes and kettle bells, a Nashville coffee shop tour, dog sitting Sammy while Melanie and Alex are on vacation, my Romwe mysterious universe skirt to arrive at my door, and my cousin's wedding in Manhattan! yay!

Thanks for taking the time to catch up with me! What have you been up to? And what are you excited for?!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love everything about this post. Lately I have spent a lot of time thinking about what kind of blogger I want to be, and I think you pretty much nailed it with your opening paragraph. I've been working a lot lately and I don't want to spend all of my free time sitting in front of a computer. There's books to read, letters to write, Netflix to watch, a boyfriend to kiss and a kitty cat to cuddle.

    So go out, enjoy your life, take pictures and then sporadically share them on your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're not feeling pressured to blog consistently. I feel like I put so much pressure on myself to the point where blogging can become stressful -- and it's supposed to be fun! I love all your cute accessories, and oatmeal squares = mmm :)

    ReplyDelete

You're probably about to make me smile.